Stillwater Love

When I started my first year as a freshman at Oklahoma State University, I remember walking in front of Edmon Low Library, staring up to at it as I passed, the fountain on one side of me and library lawn on the other, and I remember wondering if after my 4 years there I would still feel so small standing next to that grand building. 

What I had thought would be 4 years of my life turned out to be 7, and yes I still feel so small standing next to the library. And, who knows, perhaps my 7 years in Stillwater will turn in to more...I have yet to figure out where exactly life is leading me. 

Regardless, Stillwater, America is one of my absolute favorite places in this world.  I ♥ it! I am so blessed by the experiences that I have had there and on the beautiful campus at Oklahoma State - Alpha Chi Omega and my amazing friends and the endless stories we have from the Strip, to the Milky Way, to Vegas, to Cozumel, and many more, the Zoology Department where I worked for all 4 years of my undergrad and for one year of my Masters, all of my Spanish professors and the faculty members that awarded me my Bailey Scholarship for study abroad, being a part of the Nation's Largest Homecoming Celebration (despite my severe allergic reactions to the pomping glue!), expanding my knowledge of football (I'll admit I still have more to learn about the game, but thank you, Courtney, for teaching me what I do know!) while cheering on the Cowboys at Boone Pickens Stadium, all of my Mexican amigos (Viva Mexico!) that I met during my first year of my Masters, my last semester spent working as a special education teaching assistant, and so many more things OSU and Stillwater related have so profoundly shaped my life and who I have become. 

Last week, I went back to Stillwater to make use of the library while working on my Independent Study project and the last orientation of the summer was being held.  My cousin, Hannah, and I ate lunch in the Student Union atrium and while we ate I looked on as incoming freshmen lined up to check in for orientation, receive a lanyard and a bag full of OSU goodies, and continue on to enroll for their first semester.  I so badly wished that I could go back in time and start my journey all over again.  I passed by one of the tables and made a joke about it to Hannah and the guy working the table asked if I was there to check in for orientation...I informed him that I had been in Stillwater for 7 years and was getting my Masters and he just laughed at me.  If those incoming freshman have an OSU experience anything like mine, and I hope that they do, then they are in for some of the best years of their life and they don't even know it yet.

Today, I sent in my huge independent study research paper...so, that means that I am officially finished with my Masters degree! :) I walked in the graduation ceremony back in May but seeing as I am late on sharing those pictures...now seems like an appropriate time!


My wonderful class at Skyline surprised me with a graduation party!
I decorated my hat! It was my Mom's birthday and my graduation day! A special day for both of us and my advisor gave a shout out to my Mom while I was receiving my hood!


Love my parents!
My Memaw and my Meme!


My crazy Aunt Julie!

Gallagher Iba! Getting ready to graduate! And trying to find my family somewhere up there!
I also thought it would be a good idea after my many years at OSU and no graduation pictures on campus for my bachelors degree to have some taken this time around before I move on to my next chapter!


Audrey Bridgers, M.S. :)
 
 
 











Comments

Popular Posts