Come visit! I have a guest room!


Living life way over here in the Kingdom of Wonder and for the most part everything is just great.  I have no major complaints but shout out to my mom and friends for listening when I find something to rant about...love yall!  I enjoy my job, I have an apartment in the sky all to myself, and I’m doing my best and trying every day to be the best version of me. I get asked often how long I will be here or where I plan to go next. Both questions I don't have the answer to just trying to live in the present!

(Side note: the best version of me probably doesn’t include eating the entire can of Pringles that I just shoved in my mouth while catching up on the latest episode of the Bachelor…tomorrow I will do better and maybe..maybe…I’ll never buy those Pringles ever again!) (Another side note: I’m only human and I mess up every day but I think the fact that doing my best is my intention and that I’m really trying counts for a lot.)

When I returned to Phnom Penh after being home for Christmas, I moved into my new 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, 2 balcony (but one is tiny) apartment. If you saw me while I was home for the holidays you probably heard me say “Come visit! I have a guest room!” because I was so excited about my new apartment (still am!) and plus it’s kind of crazy that I have two rooms so I need to make use of the other one. SO lucky for me! A travel buddy that I met in Thailand last year contacted me to let me know she was going to be passing through Phnom Penh and she became my first guest here at mi casa in Cambodia..I should come up for a name for it! I’ll work on that! Anyways, we had the best time catching up and I got to finally do some of the touristy things that I never got around to when I first got here last September!

First, a tour of my new apartment! 

Welcome!
Can I get you something to drink?  Would you like something to eat?
Let me show you to your room!
It's not much but if you want to visit I will gladly fix it up for you! :)
Would you like to watch TV? I have about 5 channels in English and 50 in Khmer or Chinese.
This is my room!

I recently bought a hammock! Phnom Penh is so nice in the evenings. Perfect place to come home and relax.
The washing machine is behind the open door.  And the dryer is the natural air...I've talked to people at home that can't hardly believe I don't have a dryer but believe it or not we don't really need one! Especially here. It's so hot my clothes are dry within an hour or two!
One of the bathrooms. The shower is on the wall behind the door. Asian style. The shower isn't separate from the rest of the bathroom. You just close the door and turn the water on and the drain is in the corner behind the toilet. You get used to it!

Next, friends and fun in Phnom Penh!

During her short but fun filled stay in Phnom Penh, Ria & I turned our sunset cruise into a party cruise with our singing and dancing, I taught her there is no shame in using a selfie stick to take a good picture (I know there are people reading this that do not agree but after you live in China you just don’t care…nothing wrong with using a selfie stick so long as you put it down long enough to enjoy the scenery around you), shopped around at the night market, enjoyed flaming passion fruit martinis and explored inside the gates of the Royal Palace…
 

A view of the sun going down over the Royal Palace as we set off on our sunset cruise!
From Mumbai, India...Meet Ria!
Ria met this friendly British lad, Jason, on the bus to Phnom Penh from the coast so he joined us for the evening!

HAPPY :)
#noselfieshame
These boats are also houses. Makes you very thankful. Why do I have a nice, comfortable, safe apartment with clean water and food and others have this or even less?
Night Market!

Waiting on our food!


The next morning, Ria & I visited the Royal Palace and I finally actually went inside instead of taking pictures of it from outside of the gates!


Photo Credit to Ria and the Colombian guy that first asked us to take his picture in this spot!
It's all in the details! Check out the architecture.
There are plenty of spots for photo ops!







We discovered a cool, new way to take a selfie...you bend over and get whats above you! Of course, you look ridiculous taking it but who cares! We had fun!

I'm so blessed to meet people all over the world from all over the world! Until next time!

Comments

Popular Posts