My Fascination with the Birds

While I have and always will be an animal person, I've never had a huge interest in birds specifically.  Other than always making a point to visit them along with all the other animals every time I ever entered a pet store.  And having been to the Amazon and to some other tropical places, I have seen some colorful, unique birds while traveling before.  But I guess in those cases, I expected to see them...tropical birds in a tropical area.  So I was pleasantly surprised when Dillon and I took a stroll through Taylor Park here in Torquay the other day and I discovered wild Cockatoos!  Or Cockies as they are called here (Australians like to shorten and add an "ie" to all of their words)...a bird that I have only previously seen in Petsmart or Petco!  We continued walking and I also noticed love birds, or I have been told that is what they are, they are very brightly colored and there are always two next to one another.  I didn't have my camera with me on that particular outing so I made a point to go back a couple of days ago and stand out as a tourist, craning my neck to see up in the trees, and doing my best to get a picture of these birds.
 

 A pretty little love bird.  I saw a lot more of these than the cockatoos the second time I went to the park.  The cockatoos were all hiding because they knew I wanted to take their picture...

 
 
Not the best picture but you can see what they look like from a different angle.
 
A duck? They have normal ducks too but we also feed a lot of these when we go feed the ducks!

I found a cockatoo! I think he is looking at me... 

These I believe are called Magpies and they are everywhere.
 
So after my stroll through the park craning my neck to capture my picture of a cockatoo, which I did see one, I come home and that same evening look out the window to see this!
 



 
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts