Nanny Days

I have been in Australia for two months now and no two days have been the same.  I may have the same weekly routine but everyday presents itself with new situations, things to learn from, funny moments, and it's fair share of challenging ones.  I may have underestimated how challenging this job would be actually.  Not because the kids are bad (they are actually quite well behaved) but because I went from living alone and taking care of me, myself, and I, to having 3 kids to tend to regularly and a much larger house to help keep up. 

And in case you are wondering what exactly I do all week here is a run down of my schedule:
Daily:  Dillon is my alarm clock! Some days he lets me sleep in, some days not so much.  I get him up and dress him and make us breakfast.  Then while he is finishing up, I clean up the kitchen (the older two have already been up, eaten, and have gone to school); I empty the dishwasher, reload it with dishes from breakfast, wipe down all the counters and sweep if needed.  Dillon plays around the house or watches Nemo or Baby Einstein while I tidy up Liam and Veronica's room (make beds, put away toys and clothes, whatever is needed).  Then if the weather is nice and warm, Dillon and I usually go for a walk to the park to feed the ducks, play in playground area outside, or go to the beach and draw animals in the sand.  He tells me what to draw: Nemo, Dory, turtle, whale, dog, octopus...those are his favorites.  We usually have lunch between 12:00 and 1:00 and he usually goes down for his nap between 12:30 and 1:30.  His naptime is my free time!  I read, exercise, Skype, watch How I Met Your Mother which I am now addicted to, or sometimes take a nap myself!  Pretty soon though this time will probably be homework time as I am taking a couple of online classes when the semester starts.  Liam and Veronica get home about 4:00 everyday and Dillon is up by then so everyone gets a snack to hold them over until dinner.  Dinner preparations usually start around 5:00 and I am normally in the kitchen helping.  Claudia is in cooking school and I have actually learned quite a bit by helping her in the kitchen.  Dinner is around 6:00-6:30. Then it's Stephen, Claudia, and myself all helping to clean up the dining room and kitchen, get the kids' things ready for the next school day, and get them all to bed!  My "nanny" part of the day usually finishes up at around 8:30 and I go get ready for bed myself!
Weekly:  My other duties throughout the week include vacuuming when needed and doing the kids' laundry when I do my own.  I am off on Wednesdays and Fridays until Dillon wakes up from his nap and all day on Sundays!

Sometimes he has wild hair in the mornings!

With all three of them at the park!
 
 
 
Smiles :)

Making Christmas cookies for a Winter Christmas in July (remember their Christmas is during the Summer) and of course it is on the one day the Nanny decides not to wear make up or fix her hair...

 


Dillon bird watching!
 


At the beach...he discovered he has pockets on a lot of his pants and now he walks around with his hands in his pockets all the time!

He loves sea animals!
 

Bath time!


Comments

Popular Posts